KeepKey is a USB device that stores and secures your bitcoins. When you entrust KeepKey with your money, each and every bitcoin transaction you make must be reviewed and approved via its OLED display and confirmation button. It now becomes nearly impossible for virtual attackers like malware or viruses to steal your valuable bitcoins. How it Works KeepKey works with the bitcoin wallet software on your computer by taking over the management of private key generation, private key storage, and transaction signing. Initialization and Backup KeepKey generates your Bitcoin private key using its hardware-based random number generator, combined with randomness provided by your computer. Once your private key is generated, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. Secure Storage Your private key is stored securely on your KeepKey, never leaving the device. Your KeepKey is PIN-protected, which renders it useless even if it falls into the wrong hands. Transacting KeepKey’s large display gives clarity to every bitcoin leaving the device. Each transaction must be manually approved using KeepKey’s confirmation button. Recover If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device without compromising its private keys. What’s in the Box: KeepKey Bitcoin Hardware Wallet, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card, Genuine Leather Backup Card Sleeve, and Quick Start Guide
- Bank-Grade Security that is Simple: KeepKey is the most secure bitcoin wallet available. It makes best-practice bitcoin security easy so that even your grandmother can protect her bitcoin wealth.
- Backup and Recovery: During initialization, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can’t get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Testnet.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.